Friday, July 17, 2009

Hilton Head Island - 2009

Sorry it has taken so long to post about our vacation. When you are gone for two weeks, it is really hard to come home and just jump right back into life. It took me a few days to readjust and then it took forever to go through all the photos we took. We had a wonderful trip!

We had a miserable experience getting to HH, but once we were there everything worked out great. We were scheduled to leave on a flight out of XNA around 6am, so we got to the airport around 4:30am. We boarded the plane and were in the process of taking off, when the pilot informed us that we had to go back to the gate to check on something. That did not take long and we were on our way down the runway and the pilot pulled back again and then informed us that we would have to deplane. Long story short, we did not end up leaving the airport until 4pm that afternoon. And, instead of a stop in Altanta we had a stop in Charlotte. But, we finally made it to HH late that evening. Thank goodness!

We went to the beach, swam in the pool, took a boat out for a sunset cruise, went deep sea fishing, went kayaking, rode our bicycles, ate sea food, ate ice cream and just had a fun and relaxing vacation! Chris' parents were extremely helpful with the kids and I actually felt like I was on vacation since they helped out so much. I got to sit and read (The Twilight Saga) which I don't get to do very often at home. By the way, I have been a little Twilight obsessed since vacation. Just ask my sister and Amy J. :)

So, about the pictures. I could not decide which photos to publish here on the blog so I uploaded them all onto Flickr. Here is the site you need to go to . Please let me know if you have trouble seeing them. This is my first experience with Flickr so I may have done something wrong. Leave me a comment or two on the photos!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Welcome home! Your pictures from the trip were awesome!
- I can't believe that Chris caught a shark! How cool is that?
- What setting did you use to take the fireworks pictures? We have the same camera and my 4th of July firework pictures didn't turn out nearly as good.
- AMAZING sunset pictures!
Looks like you guys had a great time!

amyj said...

Why aren't there any pictures of you deep sea fishing? Green isn't your color? :) Like I said, amazing pictures.