Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

We had my parents and Chris' parents over for dinner tonight to celebrate Mother's Day. Do I really have three kids? Wow, some days it just hits you and today was one of those days. I love being a mommy and I am so thankful for the three healthy, beautiful kids God has blessed me with. I received a card from Chris and one each from Ian, Lia and Ali. Chris signed Ali's card with her hand print. So precious!





























Chris also gave me this sewing book. I have recently started sewing! A couple of months ago, my friend Jill got her machine out and started sewing the most adorable little bibs for her daughter, Liv. She showed them to me and I was inspired to make some for Ali. My mom has been sewing for most of her life and I watched her sew while I was growing up. I picked up a lot of the terminology from her and I new the basics. However, I had never taken the time to learn. In seventh grade when all the other girls were taking home economics I was the only girl in drafting class. So, Chris bought me a sewing machine and I have made Ali a few bibs and some burp cloths too. It is so fun shopping for the material and it is nice that I can call my mom if I have questions. I am still learning how to sew in a straight line and finding the time to sew with three kids is somewhat difficult, but I'm glad I finally got started. Jill has moved on to sewing dresses for her girls. That is next on the agenda, along with a cute bag from the book Chris got for me. :)

1 comment:

amyj said...

I'm super impressed. Sewing, Providence, growing veggies, awesome photography...Martha Stewart watch out!! :)