Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Deer, Deer, Deer

I was sitting at the kitchen table this morning enjoying a cup of coffee and getting ready for the day and Lia Faith came downstairs at about her usual time, 6:15 am. She climbed into my lap to give me a good morning hug (and to ask for her morning cup of chocolate milk) and she spotted a deer in our backyard. I turned around to look and two baby deer walked out of the trees. I could not get a good picture through the glass so I quietly walked out onto the deck. Lia joined me and we watched the mommy deer and her two babies for about 10 minutes. She was checking us out too. They eventually walked along the back of our yard and back into the trees. Of course, the boys were sleeping and missed it all.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Wow! And those two "guys" think they are hunters! You two "girls" just sat there and waited for them to come to you! Good thinking!