Thursday, March 11, 2010

OKC Memorial 1/2 Marathon

Since I started running regularly last summer, I've completed two 5ks and one 10k. The next logical step would be to run a 1/2 marathon. So, I signed up to run one on April 25th! My cousin Brandon's wife, Erin, invited me to run with her at the OKC Memorial Run. I am in the middle of week five of my training. I talked my friend, Heather, into signing up for the run too. We have been meeting on Thursday mornings to complete our long run for the week together. Today we ran 9 miles! Here we are after we finished our run. We were both so tired, but we felt great and we were in awe that we actually ran 9 miles!!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Okay, girl, Jesse has been trying to get me to sign up for a half, but I'm a big fat chicken. We should talk. ;)