Saturday, August 8, 2009

Run for the Grapes

I ran my first 5k this morning!! It was awesome, exhausting, hard, painful, joyous and overwhelming all at the same time. I did not have a goal for a particular time (I finished around 32.30), but I did have the goal of running/jogging the whole time and not walking. And, I did it!!! Although, I would not be able to say that if it were not for the encouragement and motivation my friend Denise gave to me during the race. We ran the entire race together and she would not let me stop to walk. :) Chris brought the kiddos and they were cheering for me at the finish line. It was such a relief to see their smiling faces.



















Amy G., Heather, Emily, Amy J., me and Denise












Amy ran her first 5k earlier this year. She made it look so fun! She has been keeping me motivated over the last few months.












My running buddies, Amy and Heather. We have been meeting at 6:30am to run sereral times a week.




No comments: