Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Growing Up

Ian's new school that he will be attending in the fall has a special program this week for the kindergartners called Jumpstart. From Tuesday through Friday the new kindergartners can go and spend three hours, from 8:30 to 11:30, in the classrooms in order to meet the teachers and to become familiar with the school. Since Ian was already signed up for Creative on Tuesday and Thursday, I planned to send him today and Friday. I know that Ian is ready for "big" kindergarten and the main reason I sent him was so that he could meet some of the other kids since no one from his old school will be attending his new school. He walked right in this morning and was eager to start the day. I kissed him and said goodbye and as I was walking out I began to cry. I was not sobbing, I was just a little sad. My baby boy is growing up and it is time for him to start a new chapter in his life. I am excited for him and I am looking forward to watching him grow this next year.

No comments: