Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

We spent most of the day lounging around and eating way too much food. Mimi and Papa came over this morning to visit and eat lunch. Lia was a little worried about which parts of the turkey we would be eating and she asked if we would be eating the eyes and feathers. :) I am so thankful that God has blessed me with such wonderful family and friends! Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Mimi making the topping for the sweet potato pie

Chris bought a smoker this year and smoked the turkey and a Boston Butt. They were both delicious, not dry at all. He also bought a duck, but there was not any room in the smoker for it.

Lia and Ian breaking the wish bone

Chris and I took the kids downtown to see the lights on the square this evening. On the drive there, Lia got very excited about all the Christmas lights and was pointing them out to Ian. He made a comment that all he was seeing were car lights and Lia said, "well, then you are not looking Ian". Too funny. :)
Ian took a ride on the camel and Lia would not ride by herself or with Ian, so I had to ride. I felt sorry for the camel. It was a little awkward and everyone was staring at us. I think I just laughed the whole time.


No comments: